The Burgess and Town Commissioners of Walkersville will meet this evening, December 9, 2015, at 7:30 p.m. in Walkersville Town Hall.
Agenda items include an ordinance to define the statute of limitation on ethics charges against Walkersville officials. The proposed ordinance comes a few months after Burgess Chad Weddle was elected to his new office amid allegations of ethics violations by some residents. The case had been brought before the Town’s Ethics Commission. While details from the Ethics Commission’s hearing have not been released, several members of that commission resigned after former Burgess Ralph Whitmore expressed his displeasure with the actions of the Ethics Commission.
The Burgess and Town Commissioners will also discuss the Town’s Snow Policy in regards to sidewalks and streets, Parks Committee Appointments, and Ethics Committee Extension.
The officials will also discuss the design manual modifications requested by the developers of a farm along Biggs Ford Road, known as Parkside. The developers seek some modifications to how their development will be required to address storm water run off from both their property and properties across Biggs Ford Road. Their requests include changes in material and what types of events their system is designed to handle (10-year flood versus 100-year flood).
A closed door meeting is also listed on the agenda.
The following announcements are on the agenda:
- Thurs., Dec. 17, 7:30 – Economic Development Meeting
- Fri., Dec. 18 – Christmas Party (Please RSVP!)
- Weds., Dec. 23 – No Recycling Behind Town Hall – rescheduled for Dec. 28
- Thurs., Dec. 24 – OFFICE CLOSES AT NOON
- Fri., Dec. 25, – Merry Christmas! – OFFICE CLOSED
- Mon. Dec. 28, 9:00-5:00 – Recycling behind Town Hall
- Fri. Jan. 1, 2016 – Happy New Year! – OFFICE CLOSED
- Tues., Jan. 5, 7:30 – Board of Appeals (if needed)
- Weds., Jan 6, 7:30 – Parks Meeting
- Thurs., Jan. 7, 7:30 – Economic Development Meeting
- Tues., Jan. 12, 7:30 – Planning Workshop
- Weds., Jan. 13, 7:30 – Town Meeting
- Thurs., Jan. 21, 7:30 – Economic Development Meeting
- Tues., Jan. 26, 7:30 – Planning Meeting
- Weds., Jan. 27, 7:30 – Town Meeting