The Health Department is now reporting 63 reported positive cases of COVID-19 and 2 deaths. Twenty (20) cases have recovered. For more information, please visit health.frederickcountymd.gov/coronavirus.
Other health updates:
- As part of the state’s overall response to the coronavirus, and in an effort to prioritize health and safety, Maryland Health Connection opened a new special enrollment period for uninsured Marylanders. The coronavirus emergency special enrollment period will begin in March and ends Monday, June 15. For details, go to: https://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/coronavirus-sep/
- We are working with our state and federal partners to receive and distribute supplies like personal protective equipment (PPE) from the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS). Supplies are extremely limited and we don’t know when or what we may receive. As we receive SNS supplies, we will be distributing them to help address the most urgent and critical needs with guidance from our local ethics committee and the Maryland Department of Health.
Housing and Community Development
The staff of Frederick County Department of Housing and Community Development hopes you, your family, friends and co-workers are faring well during these unprecedented times. Our staff is healthy and handling things about as well as one could hope.
It is with concern for the health and safety of Frederick County citizens that we have decided to cancel this year’s June Bloom Housing Fair scheduled for June 6, 2020 at the ARC. Instead, we are planning the next Housing Fair, June Bloom 3.0 Redux for June 2021.
We look to the day when all of this is in our distant past, just as we look forward to a bright future. Again, we wish you and yours the very best of health, safety and good fortune.
For more information:
Frederick County residents can call 866-411-6803 to reach our local 211 center with general questions about coronavirus or COVID19.
Accurate COVID-19 information is critical to the community. For the most current and accurate information about this situation, please refer to the following:
- Frederick County Government: www.frederickcountymd.gov/Coronavirus
- Frederick County Health Department: health.frederickcountymd.gov/coronavirus
- Maryland Department of Health (MDH): coronavirus.maryland.gov
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): coronavirus.gov