The Walkersville Planning Commission will hold its monthly Public Hearing on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. in Walkersville’s Town Hall. The meeting will be streamed on the Town of Walkersville’s Facebook Page.
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and East Frederick Classical Homeschool Co-Op will seek approval for the use of Church’s buildings along West Pennsylvania Avenue and Fulton Avenue as a school several days per week. The property was used as such during the last school year without zoning authorization from the Planning Commission.
Previous to the 2019-2020 school year, East Frederick Classical Homeschool Co-Op used the Calvary Assembly of God as its school building. That use was also without zoning authorization.
The Christian non-profit co-op offers two-days of in-class instruction by a teacher for students who are assigned homework to complete for grading by their teachers. Tuition for the 2020-2021 School Year ranges from $1200 per year for preschool to $1700 per year for high school.
Frederick County Public Schools will seek approval of a revision to its Rock Creek School Site Improvement Plan. A modification to its stormwater management pond draw-down will be presented for approval. Stormwater management drew some of the most scrutiny from residents and the Planning Commission during hearings and workshops as the school system made plans for its Rock Creek School at 55-B West Frederick Street.
Frederick County Public Schools will also present a site plan for the former Frederick County Public Library. Frederick County Government transferred ownership of the former library to Frederick County Public Schools. The school system plans to use the building for office space.
WALKERSVILLE PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
July 28, 2020
- Minutes: July 14, 2020 meeting
- Site Plan: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church—East Frederick Classical Homeschool
Co-op, 19 W. Pennsylvania Avenue, 12 & 14 W. Pennsylvania Avenue
- Site Improvement Plan revision: Rock Creek School, 55B West Frederick
Street, stormwater management pond draw-down
- Site Plan: Frederick County Public Schools, 57 W. Frederick Street,
conversion of former Frederick County Public Library to office space
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020 NO Town meeting
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020 Planning Commission meeting
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 Board of Appeals parking variance hearing, Dollar General, Sandstone Dr & MD 194; Rock
Creek School signage variance hearing
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020 NO Planning Commission workshop
- August 12, 2020 Town Meeting; Walkersville watershed community outreach
Public comments on agenda items will be accepted in accordance with the Commission’s Rules of Procedure (taken after the staff report and applicant presentation and limited to 5 minutes per individual).