Town of Walkersville sponsored Bulk Trash Day for Spring 2020 will be on Saturday, June 13, 2020.
Burgess Chad Weddle announced during the Walkersville Budget Workshop on May 6, 2020 that County Executive Jan Gardner confirmed that, despite current restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bulk Trash Collection will proceed on June 13, 2020.
Residents are asked to place bulk items along the curb after regular Wednesday trash pickup on June 10, 2020.
Items not acceptable for bulk trash collection include:
- Hazardous materials such as pesticides, acids, toxic waste, radioactive materials, chemicals, etc.
- Liquids such as gas, kerosene, paint, etc.
- Explosives such as gun powder, firearms, ammunition, etc.
- Residential construction and demolition debris, including lumber, concrete, bricks, and drywall.
- Miscellaneous items such as dead animals, hot ashes, septic tank sludge
- More than one mattress/box spring per household
- Yard waste (because it should be taken for recycling at the mulch pile)
- Bagged household waste (because it should go to regular trash pickup)