The 2022 Summer Solstice 8K Race will be this Saturday, June 18th in Walkersville. The race will begin in front of the Firehall on W. Frederick Street, heading up to take a left on Glade Road, taking a right onto Devilbiss Bridge Road, a loop around the road in Heritage Farm Park, and then reverse course back to the Firehall. The official start time of the race is 7:30 p.m. There will be a 30-minute delay should there be any severe weather.
Heritage Farm Park will also be closed at 6:30 p.m. that day.
There will be a sweep car or bike that will alert course marshals and traffic control officers that the last runner has come through that area so that the roads can open up as soon as possible.
1. W. Frederick St just north/east of entrance to parking lot to prevent traffic coming off of Rt 194 headed north towards start/finish.
2. (Temporary): Close off W. Frederick St southbound at Georgetown Rd at 6:45pm with cones. These must be removed at 7:15, once W. Frederick is closed at S. Glade Rd.
3. E. Frederick St at S. Glade Rd. Prevent traffic from entering E. Frederick St from Glade towards start/finish.
4. E. Frederick St north of Glade, south of 194. Prevent traffic from proceeding south on E. Frederick towards S. Glade Rd.
5. S. Glade and Devilbiss Bridge Rd – just west of the intersection. No traffic east on Devilbiss or south on Glade.
6. Devilbiss Bridge Rd and Solar Dr. No traffic west on Devilbiss.