Walkersville’s Town Hall will be closed on December 24th and December 25th!
Woodsboro has posted no closing notices, and calls to Woodsboro’s Town Hall went unanswered.
Frederick County Government administrative offices will be closed Dec. 24 – 25 for the Christmas holiday. Offices will return to regularly scheduled hours on Dec. 26. Offices will also be closed on Jan. 1 for the New Year’s Day holiday and will return to regularly scheduled hours on Jan. 2.
Additional information regarding the schedule:
- Animal Control Center will be closed Dec. 24 – 25. The center will be open normal hours on Dec. 31 and Jan. 2. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol or 301-600-1546.
- Frederick County Board of Elections will be closed Dec. 24 – 25 and Jan. 1, and open on Dec. 26 and Jan. 2. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections or 301-600-VOTE.
- Department of Solid Waste Management: All facilities (offices, landfill, transfer station and recycling drop-off center) will be closed on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. All recycling collections for the remainder of those weeks will shift one day later than the normal schedule. Offices will also be closed on Dec. 24, but the facilities will remain open. Details: visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle or call 301-600-2960.
- Frederick County Public Libraries will be closed from Dec. 24 – 25, will close at 5 p.m. on Dec. 31 and be closed Jan. 1. Details: www.fcpl.org or 301-600-1630.
- Department of Social Services will be closed Dec. 24 – 25 and Jan. 1, and open Dec. 26 and Jan. 2. Details: dhs.maryland.gov.
- Health Department will be closed Dec. 24 – 25 and Jan. 1, and open on Dec. 26 and Jan. 2. Details: www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/HealthDept or 301-600-1029.
- TransIT Services: On Dec. 24, the office will be closed, TransIT-plus (demand response) and Connector Peak will not operate, and Connector Busses will operate on a limited weekday schedule. On Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, all services will be cancelled. On Dec. 31, the office will be open. TransITplus service and Connector Peak will operate on a regular schedule, and Connector Buses will operate on a limited weekday schedule. Complete holiday schedules are listed in the Rider Bulletin at www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/transit. Details: 301-600-2065.
- University of Maryland Extension, Frederick County Office, will be closed Dec. 21 – Jan. 1. Details: www.extension.umd.edu/frederick-county or 301-600-1594.