In light of current events surrounding the pandemic, and with regard to the health and safety of our citizens, employees, customers and contractors, the Frederick County Division of Planning and Permitting announced today that they will continue to provide inspection services under the following modified plan:
- All inspection requests will continue to be accepted via the public portal at https://planningandpermitting.frederickcountymd.gov/ or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residential interior alteration inspections of existing occupied residential dwelling units are suspended until further notice, unless approved by the department director or designee.
- Inspections of existing and occupied family/commercial day care facilities, group homes and health care facilities, such as nursing homes and hospitals, are suspended until further notice, unless approved by the Department Director or designee.
- Inspections of home occupation use permits are suspended until further notice.
- Contractor certification and documentation (photo or video) may be considered at the discretion of the department director or designee.
- Alternate inspection and/or temporary use and occupancy may be considered at the discretion of department director or designee.
- Live video inspections may be considered at the discretion of department director or designee.
Inspection services covered under this modified plan include all Frederick County building, plumbing, electric, fire and site utility. The modified inspection services are effective immediately and will remain in place until further notice.