The Town of Walkersville will offer Bulk Trash Collection on Saturday, November 9, 2019. Residents may place bulk items on the curb after regular Wednesday trash pickup. Collection will begin around 6:30 a.m. on Saturday.
Items not acceptable for bulk trash collection include:
- Hazardous materials such as pesticides, acids, toxic waste, radioactive materials, chemicals, etc.
- Liquids such as gas, kerosene, paint, etc.
- Explosives such as gun powder, firearms, ammunition, etc.
- Residential construction and demolition debris, including lumber, concrete, bricks, and drywall.
- Miscellaneous items such as dead animals, hot ashes, septic tank sludge
- More than one mattress/box spring per household
- Yard waste (because it should be taken for recycling at the mulch pile)
- Bagged household waste (because it should go to regular trash pickup)