The Peg and Orley Bourland Educational Assistance Fund is now awarded year-round through Glade Valley Community Services and The Community Foundation of Frederick.
This scholarship is to provide financially need-based funds for post-secondary education in trade, vocational or technical fields to help defray the costs associated with tuition, fees, testing, tutoring, trade tools, supplies, etc.
Applicants’ eligibility requirements are:
- must be a resident of Walkersville feeder school areas,
- must describe their financial need, career goals and specify how the funds will be used,
- must be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary educational program
Preference is given to applicants who are pursuing vocational, technical and skilled trade fields (not 4 year degrees).
The award(s) can be any amount needed but will not exceed $1000 per year.
Applications are due a minimum of 30 days prior to when the funds need to be paid.
Applications are available at:
- Glade Valley Food Bank,
- Walkersville High School,
- Career and Technology Center (CTC),
- Walkersville Public Library,
- Walkersville Town Hall,
- Woodsboro Town Hall,
- Frederick Community College,
- The Community Foundation of Frederick,
- Naviance (WHS), and
For more information, call the Glade Valley Community Services Office at 301-845-0213.