Frederick County Government administrative offices and Frederick County Public Libraries will be open on Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 19.
Clarifications to the schedule:
- Animal Control will be open for the showing and adoption of animals on February 19 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Details: Visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol or call 301-600-1546.
- Curbside Recycling will operate on normal schedules. The Frederick County Landfill and Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and administrative offices will be open. Details: visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycling or call 301-600-2960.
- Maryland state agencies such as the Frederick County Board of Elections and Frederick County Department of Social Services will be closed for the Presidents’ Day holiday.
- Frederick County Health Department – the following divisions will be closed for the holiday: Administration (birth and death certificate services), Behavioral Health Services, Community Health Services (includes WIC services), Environmental Health, Health Care Connection & Preparedness (includes health insurance enrollment services) and School Health. Audiology Services, the Dental Program, and the Infants and Toddlers Program will be open unless announced otherwise. Details: Visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept or call 301-600-1029.
- TransIT Services and TransIT-Plus (demand response) will operate on February 19 on regular schedules, however MARC Train service will operate on a modified “R” schedule and the Walkersville Meet-the-MARC and MTA 204, 505 & 515 Commuter Bus will be cancelled. The TransIT office will be open. Details: visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/Transit, call 301-600-2065 or check the TransIT Rider Bulletin for shuttle changes.
Visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County Government public services, FCG TV (including live and rebroadcast programming on cable
channel 19), webcasting of meetings (www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/video), department listings and other issues of interest.