Glade Valley Community Services, Inc. (GVCS) sponsors the annual Holiday Toy Shoppe. This community wide effort assists families needing assistance in the Glade Valley area to provide a better Christmas for their children than might otherwise be possible. The program relies heavily on the generosity of local churches, organizations, business and residents to provide the requested items. GVCS provides funding for the purchase of items, where needed, should community donations prove insufficient.
Glade Valley Community Services Inc. will accept applications for holiday assistance at Walkersville Town Hall (Upper Level) on the following dates:
- Wednesday, October 15th 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.,
- Friday, October 24th 3 p.m. – 9 p.m., and
- Wednesday, October 29th 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
As an added benefit, they will be offering a budgeting/finance class with a short presentation (15 minutes) during some of the sign up times. This year it is recommended that applicants attend and next year it may be required. The Financial information meetings will be:
- Wednesday, October 15th at
- 10:30 a.m.,
- 12:30 p.m.,
- 5:00 p.m.,
- Friday, October 24th at
- 3:00 p.m.
- 6:00 .p.m, and
- Wednesday October 29th at
- 9:00 a.m.,
- 12:00 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m.
To qualify you must live in the Walkersville Feeder School area and have proof of financial need. This proof may include: a copy of child’s Maryland Child Health Program card, SNAP Card, Free Meal Program at school paperwork, pre-K program registration, proof of income, or a referral from a charitable agency.
If you live in the Walkersville Feeder School District and are in need of assistance this holiday season, you must bring the following items to one of the dates listed above:
- Proof of Income and/or Financial Need as explained above.
- The parent’s / guardian’s picture ID and proof of residency (copy of a bill).
- Grandparents applying must have legal proof of guardianship.
- Birth Certificate for all children
- Registering parent’s name must be on the birth certificate.
- Clothing and shoe size for children 0-12 years of age.
The number you receive when you sign up will be your number on December 10th when you collect your items. Questions please call 301-845-0213.